Glovebox noises

EmZvr

I have a problem with my glovebox. When there are bumps on the roads the glovebox makes noises and it's driving me crazy. I tighten all the screws but it didn't help. Any advices ?

Are teh little rubber stoppers still in place on the back corners of the box?

I didn't saw any rubbers at the back. There are only two, one to the left of the locking mechanism of the glovebox and one to the right.

have you gloves in it??

I could not understand this. I don't have gloves in it but how is this related to my problem ? :D

have you gloves in it??

I always keep an old pair of bike gloves in mine... it makes me feel good to know that it's being used properly :lol:

sometimes use them in the winter, but the rest of the time they're just there making the box work for it's name....

sometimes I think I need to get out more. :D

or you could stay in an ware your gloves

i think mister honda civic aerodeck would be happy with you useing his glove box as oem's intended it to be used

ha glove box WTF :lol:

anyway back on thrend ;)

id start buy checking that all securing nuts and bolts are tight and all clips are in order ie. not broken, broken plastic will rattle and so will loose screws/bolts

whats in your glove box just for fun :)

I found the problem. Some days ago I chaged the polen filter and I forgot to tighten the screws that hold the metal thingy in front of the filter. Now there are no sounds from it :)

If you think glovebox is funny in our country we call it "frog" translated to your language :D But I don't have any frogs in it :P

• 1 month later...

I had the same problems as stated in this post,I purchased some 'duck' branded draught excluder foam,inch wide half inch deep,self adhesive, I stuck two pieces together one on top of the other,I cut it to the length between the 4 bolts on the metal bar that is behind the glovebox, I stuck it on and refitted the glovebox,as the strips are foam when the glovebox is closed the strip squashes slightly, I have not heard anymore since last September no matter how rough the road

Archived