Steering rack

Nav

Hello,

Can anyone help me in changing a steering rack for my mb6... it needs changing as its leaking... :(:(

i wanna do it myself, but if anyone has done it before a helping hand is appreciated. Local garage is asking for too much cash (£300 :shock: ).. and i am skinned broke :(:( probably have to borrow money for petrol to come dwn to change the rack :(:(

I live around the Bristol area but usually come to Coventry every two or three weeks.. i can drive to ur place if its not far of Bristol or Coventry..

Any help guys is appreciated :roll:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pig of a job on the mb6, I had mine changed at £100 labour and picked a teg rack up for £60 do it wasnt too bad. I don't think it's a driveway job unless your confident and have a good selection of tools.

well try these guys.

but ring them first to book in/see if they are available as they always have cars there!...

and get a quote, they do alot of work for me n my mates.

say da lads wiv the mb6 recommended em, (silver vti running gear into a black vtis shell for a turbo build)

ask for hamed (guy wiv crx turbo)

h-tec motors

Unit 3, Cheston Industrial Estate, Cheston Rd, Birmingham, West Midlands B7 5EE

Tel: 0121 326 9377

well try these guys.

but ring them first to book in/see if they are available as they always have cars there!...

and get a quote, they do alot of work for me n my mates.

say da lads wiv the mb6 recommended em, (silver vti running gear into a black vtis shell for a turbo build)

ask for hamed (guy wiv crx turbo)

h-tec motors

Unit 3, Cheston Industrial Estate, Cheston Rd, Birmingham, West Midlands B7 5EE

Tel: 0121 326 9377

Thanx Yasar...will call them tomorrow...

i had it done on my EG9 a while back...2 post ramp, £100 labour...subframe came off with rack...sure glad i paid someone else to do it..if you feel confident changing it on the floor on jacks and axle-stands...id be weary.be prepared to spend all weekend on it....keep plenty of tea bags and biscuits in stock....its a pain in the a*s job.

Archived