Replacing Rear suspension help

ryan..

Hey guys,

One of my FK Highsport dampers has popped and needs replacing. I normally have 100kg in the boot and because of this even with te coilovers wound all the way up (30mm drop) on bumpy roads my tyres touch the plastic inner arch as it sits that low.

What I want is to be able to have the car sat without the weight making it look stupidly low at the back.

Anyone know of any brands which will do shock and springs which will do this?

FK have been rubbish and now tell me I have the stiffest spring they do which imo is BS as its not stiff in any way, shape or form.

So far I have pm'd meisterR and asked for help, any other suggestions?

cheers :)

You thought about MGZS stuff mate? I know the ride height is almost standard, but witht he weight in the back, it'll sit well, and the shocks are pretty stiff!

Otherwise, I'd be looking at some EM1 Coupe Coilovers, roughly same weight as the M and rear boot so will be around same spring rating at the back.

Could be worth looking down that avenue!

After speaking to miesterR and also the mechanic I use I've decided to simply replace the dampers I have (they have to be changed as one is leeking) for the same dampers then take one of my springs to Merlin motorsport @ castle combe and get them to find a pair of springs to match my needs.

This should be pretty cheap and mean I loose the dagenham lean i've got atm lol

if your on coilovers, just get stiffer springs, faulkner do springs as do a few others, there usually 20-25 quid a spring for coilovers as they are a fairly standard diameter.

After speaking to a number of people (including Jerrick from MeisterR) i've decided to go to Merlin Motorsport " Castle Combe circuit with one of my springs. They will test it to find the current spec and with that information find a spring to suit my needs.

They have said heavier (can take more weight) would be better over longer springs so I'm going to go there and try sort it out.Next thing is to get a spring off the car and get over to combe lol

Archived