PM26's MB3 Build

pm26

Right, I'm starting this so that I know what the hell I'm about to do to my car, seeing as how I've ordered a load of bits and have lost track of things a little!

I'll get some images up tomorrow after I take some, as I've none on the computer right now.

Basically it's an X-reg Midnight Blue MB3, totally standard. Only thing I have done is put in nicer bulbs and sidelights (the sidelights were a nightmare!)

What I have planned:

Install tweeters and upgrade speakers (and get my rear speakers working) HALF DONE!

Install centre arm rest! DONE!

Install felt lining in the glove box, to stop everything I put in there ratting at motorway speeds

Install Honda Jazz washer jets.

De-chrome - Body colour the rear chrome strip and front chrome border, and replace the slatting with silver mesh.

Clear side repeaters (and fit chromed bulbs in them + front) DONE!

Front fog lights (with the same mesh as grille on surrounds and front air intake)

Possibly colour code rub strips!

Relatively small mods, but I want to keep the car clean!

Any opinions and other small mod suggestions welcome!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since I quit my job yesterday and am now awaiting uni to begin, I thought I'd get started on Project Boss. Cheesy I know, but hey, 8OSS qualifies as Boss in my eyes :D .

Well today I awaited the postman, only to be dissapointed. He is due to give my my tailgate chrome strip and centre armrest. He failed to deliver (ho ho!).

Whilst waiting in anticipation this is what I got up to http://civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=743.

Unfortunately since there was no arm rest I stuck it all back together for now!

Anyway, after he came and went, I drove out to the scrappie to pick up a grille. It was in pretty poor condition, but I wasn't bothered, it was £17.50 and I'm only going to tear it to pieces anyway. I still need paint, but todays progress went pretty well. I couldn't find our jigsaw, so I spend ALL day sawing the frame to bits, not to mention sawing my hands. I'm planning to paint the chrome bit the same colour as the car and then put in silver mesh. Does anybody know where I can pick up some good quality and nice looking mesh? Preferrably stainless steel!

IMG_1196AAA.jpg

IMG_1200AAA.jpg

IMG_1201AAA.jpg

IMG_1202AAA.jpg

IMG_1203AAA.jpg

IMG_1205AAA.jpg

I also went to another scrap yard and picked up clear repeaters from an old Rover 400. Best £3 I've spent in a while. I didn't think it would make a difference, but in a very subtle way it has largely improved the look of the car. I just need to get chrome bulbs for the repeaters and front headlights.

IMG_1197AAA.jpg

IMG_1198AAA.jpg

IMG_1199AAA.jpg

Ouch!! You aint ment to saw your hands!! Good progress today mate, its annoying when you are waiting for stuff and it doesnt turn up ey?!! And yeah, i put clear side repeaters on mine, looks much better i rekon! Good work bud, i'll be watching this one with interest!!! 8-);)

Archived