My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

right, finally got some progress with the `deck.
went into work early to get started, got the oil drained and decided to start on the cambelt...

everything going smoothly thus far!

PAS belt removed and PAS pump moved out the way

2011-10-09101600.jpg

A/C belt removed

2011-10-09102820.jpg

ALternator belt removed

2011-10-09103204.jpg

Rocker removed, had a genuine belt still fitted

2011-10-09093833.jpg
THEN the b*****d bottom pulley bolt wouldnt shift :mad: !!!! had to get one the engineers who work behind me (who is massive!) to come and undo it!!! :oops:

after that came off, it was quite simple to remove, just undo the tensioner and move it down to release the tension

2011-10-09125329.jpg

bloody bolt!

2011-10-09125336.jpg

changed the tensioner too for genuine part

2011-10-09125340.jpg

everything else looked to be in good order

2011-10-09125347.jpg

so got on with fitting new Gates belt

2011-10-09125818.jpg

went back together fine, but couldnt get it adjust properly, seemed way to slack on the top pilleys, and would probably jump a tooth if left, so adjusted it slightly unconventionally, but much better now, no panicking if its gonna jump or not!

2011-10-09110244.jpg

so after messing about with that for ages, got everything back in and on, wanted to change the cap and rotor arm, cap had 3 cracks init, and not sure when they were last changed anyway

2011-10-09141220.jpg

got the rocker back on, and filled with some MOTUL oil, and she started!!!! always a relief when they do that! 1"£££$££"!!

so decided to do the brake pipes. after what stoatman said about his problems, i wanted to get this done soon as so if i needed to return them i could before it was too late.

so, firstly the rears

horrible!

2011-10-09143529.jpg

and after fitting the long pipes that come in the pack, decided they were way too long,so got the shorter ones and they went straight on! the banjo fittings have a slight curve to them, so that faces out, usse just one orignal fixing point and screw it into the copper pipe, bang on! bleed through, lovely

2011-10-09145339.jpg

and the other side

2011-10-09151634.jpg

then on to the fronts, they follow a similar route to the original rubber hoses, but again just use less of the fixing points, but are absolutely spot on once finished

2011-10-09152824.jpg

so after all the messing about, the car drives so much nicer now, use to have a slight hesitation when on/in vtec, but now just pulls so smoothly, and the brake pedal is AMAZING!! one of the best mods so far!!

also got a pic of my new knob and gaitor

2011-10-09161820.jpg

and my EK`d headlights

2011-10-09161838.jpg

must apologise if the pics are crap, they are off my phone.

off to Jersey this thursday for the rally over there, so havent done the springs yet, just in case i cant get on the ferry when its all loaded up :lol: once back tho i will get them on and give it a wash and post some pics in the new aerdoeck section!

cheers for looking guys, all comments welcome as always! 1"£££$££"!!

after putting the pics of my work yesterday, i realised why the cambelt wasnt tensioning properly. where the tensioner sits there are 2 studs sticking out, 1 for the adjuster spring and the other for the opposite hole (right side of tensioner) on the tensioner. i failed to put it on the right side stud, therefore not allowing it to tension the automatic adjuster spring.....epic fail :(:oops:

so rang the missus to bring car in to me, proceded to rip everything off AGAIN and found this

2011-10-10113823.jpg

2011-10-10113829.jpg

if you look to the right side of the tensioner, you can just see the hole that a stud is supposed to poke through

better pic of said hole

2011-10-10114022.jpg

so i took the cambelt off again, and if you look on the pic, there is a crescent shaped cut out where the tensioner bolts too, and there are 2 studs, one to the left and up for the spring, the other just to the right for the right hand hole on the tensioner

2011-10-10114032.jpg

so after rebolting the tensioner, it should look like this (if its possible to see with the crap photos)

2011-10-10120450.jpg

so after all that, the belt tensioned perfectly :lol: (what a surprise!!)
all went back together and it still works!!

what a bloody KNOB!!! :roll:

anyways, wont make that mistake again.....

you are so lucky it didnt b****r the engine

i maid that mistake too but after a while playing around with it i figured it out

its very loose with out the tensioner being fitted correctly