Inner Track / Tie Rod Major Problem. NOW WITH PICS

harVTEC

really need to get pic up to show the problem if its the part i am thinking.there is a large cup that hold the inner ballto rack.it may? be removed with large stillsons.but needs adjusting correctly when reffited :idea:

better to prob get another rack if unsure tbh ;)

cant be sure as i cant see the above :?:

:idea: bend it back again :lol:

Here are some pictures of what I mean, hard to see due to the angle. Basically, you can see on the back of the ball joint there is no place for a spanner, nor is there any cut outs on the ball joint for mole grips to lock on to. The only part which you can just about see that could be used for possible detach is two parrallel holes in the brass colour part:

100_0839.jpg

100_0838.jpg

100_0837.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0827.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0823.jpg

And a sneak preview of my car on it's new wheels:

4.jpg

What do you reckon?

Thanks.

harVTEC

think its time to get the rack off put in a vice and get some stillsons on it .or another rack,or take it to a workshop,this is a safest option ;)

its got to come of either way !!!

these are stilsons btw

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Record-Stilso ... 1e67dc1b69

Not good haha. A new rack isn't too badly priced but it's a good 2 hour job apparently so labour will be expensive. Than you for your help noodles.

Did wonder what stilsons were.

So should I settle on the fact that it will be a full rack out job?

Thanks.

harVTEC

fT83g8MPbjc

Cheers James. I've watched that video a few times, and thanks for the PM. I have seen that tool on eBay. But I'm not sure it will work, my inner tie rod is completely smooth, no slots, hex, cut outs anything. Nothing that I could see being used to detach it.

So not sure if the tool would have anything to bite on to.

Might just get the tool, if it doesn't work I'll be in this same position, if it does I'll be over the moon.

Another thing that suggests it's a new rack job is that Honda only sell the rack or tie rod end for my car, whereas they sell the rack, inner tie rod and outer rod for cars such as the EJ9 Civic.

Really frustrating, passed my driving test the other day and this is the only thing keeping me from being on the road :x

Thanks again.

harVTEC

Archived