Inner Track / Tie Rod Major Problem. NOW WITH PICS

harVTEC

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember; I posted a while back saying how my jack collapsed just as I was sliding an axle stand underneath. Cut a long story short, weight of car + track rod and end + axle stand underneath + bent inner tie rod.

So despite me buying both parts (the end and the inner) I attempted to fit them today, lonly to find out that despite there being a inner tie rod available for my car the OEM inner rod in actually 'punched' onto the steering rack!!!

What can I do, has anyone had to deal with this before? I am now going to have to pay for a few hours labour at a garage, the parts needed and alighnment.

If anyone can tell me what parts of the steering rack will need replacing (poss part numbers etc.) they would be an absolute legend. Have my driving test Friday and would really like my car to be ready if I pass.

Thank you very very much in advance for any assistance.

harVTEC

Wish I did, being 17 is gay :'( Got my driving test on Friday then this was discovered! Annoying.

I will get a picture in the morning.

harVTEC

shedloads better than my first car bud... 954cc (yes.. under 1l :lol: ) pug 205.... was only running on 3 cylinders for the first 6 months I had it as well..... was 44bhp when it left the factory.. god knows how many had escaped by the time I got it :lol:

had to plan overtakes 3 weeks in advance!

good luck with the test

1"£££$££"!!

Wish I did, being 17 is gay :'( Got my driving test on Friday then this was discovered! Annoying.

I will get a picture in the morning.

harVTEC

shedloads better than my first car bud... 954cc (yes.. under 1l :lol: ) pug 205.... was only running on 3 cylinders for the first 6 months I had it as well..... was 44bhp when it left the factory.. god knows how many had escaped by the time I got it :lol:

had to plan overtakes 3 weeks in advance!

good luck with the test

1"£££$££"!!

Haha better than most of my mate's first cars. Project 5 door FTW :) Bet you really learnt to drive with that! I'm learning to drive in one of those little Toyota Aygo things :/ LAck of power is an understatement haha.

Thanks mate, will let the forum know how I get on :D

harVTEC

Archived