front upper control arms

kyekye09

It's not really difficult to set camber on a flat level ground. Toe is a little bit more tricky, but not impossible .

From factory, my car has different camber settings on left or right, front right 0.75°, front left 1.25°....my Honda dealer said it's very common even on new cars.

I want 1.5° front and 1° rear for a start, I will set it with a steel square tube and a digital protractor.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get it somewhere near like that but it will never be right you need i nice level ramp and the car on a full set of flooting turn plates and £15000 worth of 4 wheel geom check machine to set a car up right , im sure the do not use a straight bar to set up a f1 car . Rich.

You can get it somewhere near like that but it will never be right you need i nice level ramp and the car on a full set of flooting turn plates and £15000 worth of 4 wheel geom check machine to set a car up right , im sure the do not use a straight bar to set up a f1 car . Rich.

A MB6 is definitively not a F1 car... :lol: and roads and tracks are not "level" :mrgreen: .

I don't want to set toe by myself as it can turn to massive tyre wear, but for camber , i will definitively do it myself and try different settings on track to help reduce understeer.

I

I do not knock anyone for having a go at anything , but i have worked in the accident repair trade as a mechanic nearly all of my working life and i would say wheel goem is where 80% of my time has been spent , So i would class myself as well skilled when it comes to wheel goem , but even with my 16 years experience i would not do it your way as i would know it was not right . as you said tyre wear will be your answer as to weather you have it right or not . Rich.

Rich, I do agree, if you can't tell by driving rather than by tyre wear that your setup is wrong then it needs to go to the pros, but there'll be enough racing teams out there who'll still set up using string! If you've got a flat place to work, tape measure, a few bodies (or sand!) to see how load affects & some straight bits of bar/wood/spirit level etc etc, there's nothing stopping you setting your car up.

What I love about adjustable suspension as that you can adjust it! Drive it, rate it, change it, drive it. Repeat ad infinitum! If you go chucking all your new adjustable components on without much thought & immediately see how they cope with that sharp bend at 80, that's Darwinism!!

Archived