best every day tyre for the mb6

vti4mark

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've currently got Michelin Pilot tyres under mine and they have too much flexing for my taste and start squeeking quickly. They were already on there when I bought the car so they might be on there for a long time.

Hopefully that will change within the next couple of months when my wheels finally arrive. I'm thinking of getting Toyo R1-R. It's a very soft compound (so not a high miler), almost slick tyre, that supposedly also has plenty of water displacement. It's kind of like a blend between the R888 and the T1-R. Here's a link.

I've read good and bad reviews of the Toyo T1-R so I'm not sure what these are really like. Most things I've read about the Parada spec 2 are positive.

what have people used and are using now, how do you rate them?

need to get 4 new 1 soon, looking a spec2 yokos!

thanks mark

I have had the spec 2's in 15" and now on my 17" wheels and they are great for the money super sticky in the dry and are good in the wet to as for life the do not last that long but depends on how you drive.

For £35 each for 195/50 r15

and £65 each for 205/40 r17

I think they are the best tyres for the money . Rich.

thats a good price rich! I've got the tr-1's , been really great uptil now. mega grip in the dry, and feels much safer in the wet too. Theyre actually quite predictable in the wet. I have noticed they're wearing down quicker than i'd like, but I do like them.

On saying that, best tyre ive driven with is Goodyear eagles on a focus zetec (estate) truely amazing grip, wet or dry. I may be getting these next ;)

£37 a pop is good! Yeah Rich, those G/Y are pricy as hell......seem to have good wear aswell tho so might justify the cost. Amazing all rounder 8-)

Archived