best every day tyre for the mb6

vti4mark

Was running Dunlop Formula R's in the summer on the E30, semi slick so techniquely road legal 8-)

Did 200 abusive track miles on them in 28 degrees Celcius, awesomly sticky and they are still good for many many more miles. But you did say everyday tyres :mrgreen:

Gonna get Parada's for the civic next. Not heard a bad thing about them.

Is the speedo off by much switching to 195/50 instead of 195/55??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was running Dunlop Formula R's in the summer on the E30, semi slick so techniquely road legal 8-)

Did 200 abusive track miles on them in 28 degrees Celcius, awesomly sticky and they are still good for many many more miles. But you did say everyday tyres :mrgreen:

Gonna get Parada's for the civic next. Not heard a bad thing about them.

Is the speedo off by much switching to 195/50 instead of 195/55??

not by much mate mate.1 or 2mph i would off thought.Just let the insurance know of the change tho.Been reading on a forum about guy having troub for not declaring it.

• 1 month later...

anyone running MB6 on Bridgestone RE010 195/55/15? Would they be ok for daily driving? I currently have Pirelli P7 and was considering RE010 as my next tires as they are one of few better tyres that I can get here in 195/55/15. Or I could get Toyo T1R. I was considering these when I bought my current ones but didn't find any feedback on them back then. Seeing some of you are running them I guess they would be good for that price. I like my current Pirelli P7 but I want to try others as well.

Have a read over at the dc2 forum jalesi the toyo T1R gets slated for soft sidewalls and high wear rate. If I was you I would get the Hankook V12 Evo tyres as they have a much stiffer sidewall and have had rave reviews everywhere. They are also mega cheap in 195/55/15 fitment.

I have tried T1Rs and Kumhos and both have super soft sidewalls which affects the steering feel. My plan is to change wheels and go for 215/45/16 RE040 or Hankook RS2s which have a stiffer sidewall.

Even for the road they are poor if you decide to press on - but they may suit your driving style. I know you don't have teg performance but still your not far off with a few choice mods. Nevertheless I would consider only Hankook, Bridgestone or Yokohamas in 195/55 fitment. The Yokos are out of your budget which leaves the V12 evo from Hankook or the RE010 if you can find some or the Turanza.

This is probably going to be unpopular, but I really rate the Falken ze912 as an all round road tyre. Made the GTI feel much better, obviously they have limits but they seem to suit front wheel drive/ power steering well. The Civic has Pirelli pzero nero's on the back (seem ok- grippy and quiet) and contact sports up front which are absolutely bloody awful now they are worn down a bit. The conti's will soon be replaced with 912's I think.

Archived