::Yaseen:: MB4 ::

yaseen

nice to see another auto' about, they are real flyer's arn't they, remember to check the autobox oil level as well, as it help's with shifting and also droping in to overdrive. also use your hand brake as you would in a manual car, as it help's stoppign the cailper's sezing up.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to see another auto' about, they are real flyer's arn't they, remember to check the autobox oil level as well, as it help's with shifting and also droping in to overdrive. also use your hand brake as you would in a manual car, as it help's stoppign the cailper's sezing up.

Thanks! I must say it does pull when you floor it, I had a 75hp 1.4L car before this so quite a big difference and this is also my first ever automatic lol what do you mean by overdrive?. I didnt quite understand what you mean by using the handbrake? Do you mean not to just leave it in Park? because I leave it in Park as it engages the transmission lock up mechanism and also use the handbrake as Im so used to it from my previous manual cars lol!!!

i am a mot tester, the most common failure on anyautomatic car is the handbrake not working. the last owner of my car didin't use the hand brake and it sezied up and stopped working, it needed 2 caliper's, disk's and pad's to get it working again, so treat the car as a manual when paring it up and you shouldn't have any problem's.

overdrive, it is only fitted on 4th gear, it used when crusing at 50mph plus, (it's not an overdrive gear as such, it ''lock's'' the gearbox up), so the car get's slightly better mpg.

I think my calipers are already seized at the back because i seem to have a lot of braking power from the front and evertime i press the brake pedal the fuel gauge goes down then when the car is level after stopping it goes back up, i might just overhaul the rear calipers since im going to be replacing the pads and discs.

I think my calipers are already seized at the back because i seem to have a lot of braking power from the front and evertime i press the brake pedal the fuel gauge goes down then when the car is level after stopping it goes back up, i might just overhaul the rear calipers since im going to be replacing the pads and discs.

See the bootlid above ^^ can you see the Vti-S in the background, I got all my Vti-S kit, mats and seats, carbon trims and bootlid, just been waiting for him to make a desicion if he is going to sell the parts to me with that car as he was scrapping it because a lady hit his rear door on a roundabout and insurance wrote his car off found the ad on gumtree he didnt live too far from my university and he has bought an EG now, so ive picked up a few things already this is what I have picked up so far:

- Half Leather Interior (£70)

- Bootlid (£20)

- Clear Indicators (£10)

- VTi-S Front and back splitter (£140)

The above cost £220 altogether

Heres what I picked up today:

- VTi-S Side Skirts (£50)

- VTi-S Mats(£15) one had a hole in it so it was cheap

- Leather centre arm rest (£10)

- Genuine Carbon Trims interior(£40)

- Painted Mirrors(£40)

- Foglights (£40)

I Picked up the above for £195 he wanted £200 for the whole lot but took £5 off the mats

I wanted to get the door handles but thought it would take too long to get them off so bough a spray can of paint instead :)

Large hole in my wallet now!!!!

So Ive got pretty much the full kit now will add some pics soon