Optional Extra - Water Feature!

mattek3

Morning Gents,

I’ve got a persistent water leak on the old Aerodeck and I am having zero no luck tracing it, so I am hoping for your help!

I am getting a collection of water in the front passenger foot well and occasionally a minor ‘wetting’ in the rear passenger foot well. (Never the driver’s side)

First port of call was to remove the scuttle panel and check that the vents are clear there which they were.

Next I opened the sunroof and poured some water down the drainage tubes, which successfully appeared on my garage floor where it should be and no more inside the car.

Lastly I took the pressure washer, sat my long suffering wife inside the car and proceeded to hose down the door seals and mirrors whilst she waited for the water to appear and surprise, surprise, still nothing!

Has anyone got any ideas? I’m stumped! :(

Thanks

Matt

Over Christmas I was sat in the car part waiting for the misses to get the shopping, and it p**sed down. I didn't think nothing of it until I felt a drip on my arm. So I looked up and it was a bit wet at the top of the a pillar. Its not did it since but I was thinking its probably windscreen seals.

hi i think there may be a few problems with the hondas leaking in different ways from what i have read and seen on my own car

last year my car leaked very bad in the passenger floor well it was comming down through the heater and it even froze that up and it only happened in very bad down poors (also happened last summer in a flash down poor ) so to me it was when lots of water was running so i took my scuttle cover to see if things where blocked but it looked all clear but there was some dirt build up from years so looking at it it lookes like the build up of dirt was not allowing the water too flow where it should and the place it was running was right down the vent for the air intake for the blowers

because there honda builders have left it sticking out a bit in the scuttle the rain would have just been flying over and down into the vent a quick bend in towards the seat and no more heavy leaking floor well has been dry since

so take the scuttle off take a look

but i do have damp A pillers inside at the top roof lining to piller so that should be the sun roof or the window

• 1 year later...

Morning Gents,

I’ve got a persistent water leak on the old Aerodeck and I am having zero no luck tracing it, so I am hoping for your help!

I am getting a collection of water in the front passenger foot well and occasionally a minor ‘wetting’ in the rear passenger foot well. (Never the driver’s side)

First port of call was to remove the scuttle panel and check that the vents are clear there which they were.

Next I opened the sunroof and poured some water down the drainage tubes, which successfully appeared on my garage floor where it should be and no more inside the car.

Lastly I took the pressure washer, sat my long suffering wife inside the car and proceeded to hose down the door seals and mirrors whilst she waited for the water to appear and surprise, surprise, still nothing!

Has anyone got any ideas? I’m stumped! :(

Thanks

Matt

Having sorted and sealed the leaks in the back of my MC1 Aerodeck, I recently discovered I have exactly the same issue as mentioned above and have done all the same tests with no obvious answer. My car sat unused for 10 days over the Xmas period. It has rained for days and the car was all misted up so I feared the worst and felt the carpets... passenger side was drenched. I took out the passenger seat and pulled back the carpet. It was like a pond! The carpet and underlay were saturated! Water would run out if you squeezed it and the black mat that runs up behind the dash is equally saturated.

I have done all of the checks as above and can't see where the water is coming in. I suspect it is coming through the heater system down the intake hole under the plastic scuttle shield but can see no evidence of this as the gaps where the trough meet the wings are clear and allow full drainage. (As do the sunroof drains.) The water is definitely water and not coolant. The tops of the A-pillars are dry amd there is so much water I would doubt it could be the windscreen seal.

Did I understand correctly that perhaps I should bend the metal shield (that protrudes from the leading edge of the hole) in towards the cabin of the car, incase drips were coming down under the plastic scuttle and running into the hole? The mastic around the underside edge of the plastic scuttle is pretty tired, so perhaps a bead of Tiger seal around the edge would help stop water ingress?