yet another question about suspension!

kern

hi all,

ok, spoke to my local Honda parts dept today about ordering some new bolts as have full mgzs set up to be fitted, they said that after changing the suspension, the wheel geometry, tracking and camber would be out, the guy even said just fitting the rear arb could make the handing worst as could throw out all the mentioned above above!

what i want to know is has anyone who has fitted their own suspension noticed any probs with handling, inside tyre wear or any other problems?

Cheers

You'll get a slight negative camber with the MGZS shocks, this will improve traction at the expense of a little more inner tyre wear. It's not enough to totally need it, but you could also fit camber arms front and back (front probably more important as a little rear camber is preferable anyway). It's a job that's easy enough for most home mechanics. A lot of suspension centres will take the measurements for you for free as well, then only charge if you want the adjustment. I did this with mine, but with adjustable arms F&B (as well as rear toe arms) & even after a basic geom with string & tubing it's still feeling like a laser setup (or measurement at least) would be advisable.

Once you have the kit fitted get it tracked, sorted. :D

Why did you go to Honda for bolts btw, they're probably just gonna try and sell you some monroes at a massive mark up. :roll:

the guy at Honda said it would prob need laser alignment which cost alot more than just tracking, this was supposed to be a cheap mod!

went to Honda as needed a couple of service parts! they also advised me that the bolts prob wouldn't need replacing as they are quite expensive, he could've said 'yeah order all the bolts you'll need em' and charged me through the nose for them, but instead gave some good advice.

Once you have the kit fitted get it tracked, sorted. :D

Why did you go to Honda for bolts btw, they're probably just gonna try and sell you some monroes at a massive mark up. :roll:

the guy at Honda said it would prob need laser alignment which cost alot more than just tracking, this was supposed to be a cheap mod!

went to Honda as needed a couple of service parts! they also advised me that the bolts prob wouldn't need replacing as they are quite expensive, he could've said 'yeah order all the bolts you'll need em' and charged me through the nose for them, but instead gave some good advice.

£100 is less expensive mod than £600-700 upgrade for suspension% and would deff need geo too boot :idea:

will be fine with the mgzs 180 suspension work is advised geo but struts/dampers not needed tbh but checked for asurance reasons :idea:as we want perfection and working progress for the $ spent.

:idea: so sell it on and keep the boat feel or invest in upgrade and get better road holding :idea: