My Silver Slaaag of Daily Duties- time to part company :(

sx baz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean pair of motors there dude!

Got a mate who has an S14a drift car which he and his dad painted either last year or the year before, love 200's for the fun factor!

The VTi is looking smart, I really need to pull my finger out and grab an amp and get my front components in! :lol:

thanks for all the comments folks.... time for an update :)

As some of you know, i managed to baggsy a full vti-s kit on ebay, anyway i went and picked it up today. Was a 75 mile trip each way so not too bad.

When i got back i split the lips from the bumpers, i then put all the bolts and clips in a 500ml bottle full of coke, hopefully they'll be cleaned up in a few days.

skirts

IMG00226-20120310-1416.jpg

rear

IMG00223-20120310-1351.jpg

split up and ready for prep at some point

IMG00225-20120310-1416.jpg

Bumper looks sorry for itself with no splitter

IMG00227-20120310-1427.jpg

Both bumpers are a bit marked but i might sling them up on ebay for cheaps to get them out the way.

I also finally got round to getting the rear mudflaps off, the screws were so corroded on i had to break out the angle grinder :twisted:

While i was there i decided to de-badge the rear, 5 badges is waaaay too many in my opinion.

IMG00228-20120310-1633.jpg

despite the last pic shes looking sorry for herself at the moment, filthy bodywork and the finish on the honda wheels is all blistered up so a good wash is imminent.

dental floss! a few metres of dental floss in behind the badges in a sawing motion to get the badges off, it does snap a lot though so thats the reason for the metres of it.

Then i used a caramel wheel in a drill to get the sticky off the boot, followed up with a bit of G3 compound. Just have to be careful using a caramel drill on plasics as it can burn through.