SORTED!!! MG SHOCKS AND EIBACH SPRINGS, UNUSUAL!!!

yaseen

sorry to say pal 4020-140 is wrong :|

should have for this modification4024-140=£200ish :|

this uses the better damper from the above mg and is only suited for lowering on the 4024-140

culculated by myself and others b4 prob origonally for my mc2 but seems fine on the mb series aswell.

your option now being, fit old type honda dampers backor send them back? and get the above replacement exchange.

:evil: sorry to tell you the bad news :oops:

Dude are you reffering to a part number? for Eibach or MG Shocks????

Got it sorted now though 1"£££$££"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem was as weetec said the springs, because when I bought them from DemonTweeks it said they are also for an EK and Im guessing because the rear end is lighter on the EK my car dropped like mad! I think the front was fine because of engine weight etc

Thank you everyone for your inputs!!! 1"£££$££"!

You have got MG shocks on the front as well right?

harVTEC

harVTEC its you!!! lol

Naa dude, standard shocks on Eibach at the front atm, still need to source some for up front...

TBH quite happy with the standard ones on the front, dont want it any lower than that, very practical for me at that height can comfortably go over anything car park ramps, speed bumps etc

It's me haha :) I was thinking could it not be due to that? Obviously the MG shocks lower about 15-20mm, so adding your springs would mean the back would be dropped 50mm while the front would only be dropped 30mm. That, with your 17s would make the back look seriously low.

Glad you got it sorted now though, if it's not the wrong Eibach springs I reckon it's because of standard front shocks.

harVTEC

this uses the better damper from the above mg and is only suited for lowering on the 4024-140

culculated by myself and others b4 prob origonally for my mc2 but seems fine on the mb series aswell.

your option now being, fit old type honda dampers backor send them back? and get the above replacement exchange.

Eibach part numbers, and you want 4019-140 for mb4.

So you have mg shocks on the rear but mb on the front :?::?

You have got MG shocks on the front as well right?

harVTEC

harVTEC its you!!! lol

Naa dude, standard shocks on Eibach at the front atm, still need to source some for up front...

TBH quite happy with the standard ones on the front, dont want it any lower than that, very practical for me at that height can comfortably go over anything car park ramps, speed bumps etc

It's me haha :) I was thinking could it not be due to that? Obviously the MG shocks lower about 15-20mm, so adding your springs would mean the back would be dropped 50mm while the front would only be dropped 30mm. That, with your 17s would make the back look seriously low.

Glad you got it sorted now though, if it's not the wrong Eibach springs I reckon it's because of standard front shocks.

harVTEC

:) spot on man, I think the MG shocks on the front would have made it lower which is what I dont want plus the 17's and the tyres fill up the arch well so dont want to change really, but dont know yet, I like the functionality of it atm as the ride isnt harsh its pretty much perfect for me :)

Eibach part numbers, and you want 4019-140 for mb4.

So you have mg shocks on the rear but mb on the front :?::?

Thanks dude, I'll try and have a look at the number tomorrow :)