SORTED!!! MG SHOCKS AND EIBACH SPRINGS, UNUSUAL!!!

yaseen

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ve got Koni Str.T dampers all round with custom springs but they're far too soft so looking at either eibachs or intraxx springs.... I would like a 30-35mm even drop all round and for the springs t to be a reasonable stiffness I.e. a lot stiffer than stock, but not over sprung for the Koni str.ts.....?

• 4 months later...

Same problem to me... I bought 4 koni Srt shocks and eibach pro kit, the problem is that the seller send me the part number E4015, on eibach springs, and the rear wheels are now 2 or 3 fingers inside the rear arch, like the photo on the page 1.

Can someone tell me if with the Eibach Prokit E4024 will the problem be resolved?

My wife is going to put me sleeping on the street if i don´t get that right.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Same problem to me... I bought 4 koni Srt shocks and eibach pro kit, the problem is that the seller send me the part number E4015, on eibach springs, and the rear wheels are now 2 or 3 fingers inside the rear arch, like the photo on the page 1.

Can someone tell me if with the Eibach Prokit E4024 will the problem be resolved?

My wife is going to put me sleeping on the street if i don´t get that right.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

all eibach springs are the same on the front, but the rear are different dependant on the car... if the rear are tight wound top and bottom and open in the middle you have the right kit for MB...if not then you have the kit for either the EK/DC2?EG...

simply because the rear dampers are taller on an Mb where as the other chassis are smaller hence the unusual drop on the rear.

and dont forget, lowering springs are designed for STANDARD dampers..if you put lowering springs on uprated SMALLER dampers your going to over compress a spring which is no designed to be compresed under NO-LOAD conditions. !!!!

result the spring will constantly over re-act!!! best bet buy coilovers. :mrgreen:

Weetec, if you guys would have the roads that we have here in Portugal you will change your mind about coilovers... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

It seems like a war zone... :lol::lol:

Not far off here mate, even riding a pedal bike is dangerous!