hard clutch pedal and not so good gear change

E=MC2

Since i bought my deck VTi i had stiff clutch pedal, which was annoyung after driving of other hydraulic clutched cars, but functional. Suddenly, after one long ride 2 months ago, i got bad gear s**tfing

I menage to drive car till this day, because i know clutchless driving metods whic is helping me to change gears without krrrr noises, but the car is not drivable and i want now to soften this stupid hard pedal feedback and improve gear shifting

Definitely from some reason, plate offset is not enough to divide engine and gearbox. Plate grip is still excelent, and grab point is somewhere on the middle of the pedal, but when i want to change gear or stop, i feel that gears are not free from engine.

Where to look, what to change, check, lubricate....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx

in 10 days i will probably remove the gearbox, so this will be the first thing to be checked

for now, i am just collecting potencial causes such as UnicyclingTom's suggestion

can be one of cylinders? both of them are dry and i have no oil loss

Hi mate

i have changed 3 clutchs on these cars and can say 90% sure its the clutch slave cylinder i normally clean them grease em up well and bleed the system sorts it out a treat and when i get the boxes off degrease inside the bell housing and grease the leaver and the pivot so help with the smoothness aswell mines pretty good at moment have exedy OEM clutch due for a change really.

great news :)

but, this morning on my way to work i felt little shaking during easy pedal release. do you think that plate is dying slowly, or it can be connected with this cylinder and rust problem?

cylinder wil be changed or repaired, this stifness is iritating me, but i would like to know should i replace clutch kit too?