how do you remove the tail light? Aerodeck

ep82

My brake light bulb has gone so need replacing. can anyone tell me how to remove the tail light? I undone the 2x8mm bolts and the light seems to want to come off but there is something holding it in on the lower far end (quarter panel)

any ideas?

I tried to pull on it as it seems like it's poped in but I cant get grip/leverage

yeah mate, im changing dawns bulbls tomorrow on her aero! The light cluster kinda has like plastic lugs onnit, and just goes into the quarter panel at an angle, to locatre the lugs, then straighten it up and put the bulbs in.

If you kinda wiggle it about and move it as though you were opening a door, it should "open" fron the end where the bolts are, and the end at the quarter panel (where the lugs are) is like the hinge bit. open it right up and it should come free ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I almost lost my mind and broke to whole damn tail light when trying to get it off. The Haynes catalog describes the operation as easy as noodles but it took me ages to figure out the "correct wiggle" for tail light removal. Once i figured it out it was easy and obvious but man, cars can be so nerve wrecking sometimes!

Oh so can you actually remove the light? I just managed to wiggle it so it opens enough for me to get my hands in there to remove the bulb. it's a very tight squeeze. if you can remove. mind taking photos and show how/where it's connected :)

• 3 years later...
I almost lost my mind and broke to whole damn tail light when trying to get it off. The Haynes catalog describes the operation as easy as noodles but it took me ages to figure out the "correct wiggle" for tail light removal. Once i figured it out it was easy and obvious but man, cars can be so nerve wrecking sometimes!

I'm having the same struggle at the moment, don't want to try too hard and break something or damage any paint, but being firm yet gentle is getting me nowhere... :(

I'm having the same struggle at the moment, don't want to try too hard and break something or damage any paint, but being firm yet gentle is getting me nowhere... :(

I swapped my rear bulbs this summer and if i remember correctly, you have to hold the light assembly exactly level to the car. Make sure it doesn't tilt in any direction! Then move it directly to the side. It should slide out easy, no firmness is needed. Maybe just a bit of wiggle ;) .

Archived