Steering Wheel Removal

dukeman35

:oops::oops::oops: Well i got around to doing this little job today,was as straight forward as you said,apart from me wondering about how to remove the srs unit... :roll:

o yeh and hiding under the seat while i took the airbag out....BANG.... :lol::lol:

Just one problem to cure now and that is the srs light is on!! i`ve seen it posted on here so am going to give it a whirl on thursday...so far nowts blown up on me!!! HAPPY DAYS...... :D:lol::mrgreen:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mate long time no see! resetting the srs is easy mate. Did you bridge the srs plug with a resistor tho? If not the light will consatantly shwo, and as far as im aware the srs system wont operate (obviously the drivers side wont as its not there now, but the passengerside one wont work either.

Hi mate long time no see! resetting the srs is easy mate. Did you bridge the srs plug with a resistor tho? If not the light will consatantly shwo, and as far as im aware the srs system wont operate (obviously the drivers side wont as its not there now, but the passengerside one wont work either.

errr did i do what with who??? :oops:

i thought id sort the srs light afterwards...did i do wrong???? :?:?:lol:

When you unplugged the airbag from the car, the redundant plug in the car needs to be bridged with a resistor. When you turn on the ignition, the srs system sends a signal round to see if the airbags are present operational, and when it finds the airbag is unplugged, the warninglight shows. Bridging the terminals on the plug tricks the srs into thinking the airbags are still there, and keeps the warning light off. The srs for passenger will still be operational if this is done.

If the lights already on, you'll need to reset the srs system, but bridge that plug first, or you'll be going round in circles!!

Ive got a how to on resetting the srs, i'll try and find it mate. ;)

yup,thats where i keep getting stuck! You need the srs spool, as it has the horn wire, and also the indicator cancelling cam. Have you still got the spool in place with the new wheel fitted, or have you moved it?

i removed the spool,because the boss wouldn`t go on the shaft all the way,i`ve had some help on the thread and need this plug from honda,if they`ll sell it to me...but i need to get my horn working so i`ll see if i can get a old unit off them that there throwing out for the plug....

did you manage to remove it without cutting the wires, and did you just tuck it up into the dash/colum?

See i want to be able to fit the steering wheel/boss and still have the unit in place.

it`s held in place by 3 phillips screws,you need to take off the column surrounds 1st then remove the srs unit,the plugs just clip off easy....

i`ve left the horn wire hanging out so i can sort out the plug and make a extension wire to the sparco button....

Archived