Steering Wheel Removal

dukeman35

mine doesnt have a plug that i can unplug it from?? It's like a sealed unit, with what looks like a big plug sticking out of it (this is the bit thats fouling any boss kits ive tried). To remove the srs spool, id have to cut the wires :(

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought 3 boss's for my car and non of them fitted . i had the same problems as you guys . due to having to leave the spool on for the indicators cancel and horn wire. so i unscrewed the bottom of the boss off (ali part ) that has the splines on it for the coluum . Then got the standard steering wheel and plasma cut the part out of it with the splines on and the holes for the indicators cancel (as a circle the same size as the ali part you have removed from the boss) and welded it to the bottom of the boss in place of the ali part . works spot on . ( if you can not buy it make it ). Rich.

there`s a red wire going into the centre of the wheel then a yellow/green wire for the srs unit,at the rear of the srs unit there`s a wire that leads down the column to another plug where you remove the whole unit,i`ve got mine in my hand now so can email pics if you want?

I brought 3 boss's for my car and non of them fitted . i had the same problems as you guys . due to having to leave the spool on for the indicators cancel and horn wire. so i unscrewed the bottom of the boss off (ali part ) that has the splines on it for the coluum . Then got the standard steering wheel and plasma cut the part out of it with the splines on and the holes for the indicators cancel (as a circle the same size as the ali part you have removed from the boss) and welded it to the bottom of the boss in place of the ali part . works spot on . ( if you can not buy it make it ). Rich.

mine still cancels and i took the lot off!!! just got no horn till i sort a plug...lol

Superb! ou should start producing them man! lol I take it the itr doesnt have the same spool thing as mb's then

Superb! ou should start producing them man! lol I take it the itr doesnt have the same spool thing as mb's then

dont know on that one dave ,it was just every time i ordered one they would never fit . so i just made one . i did the same thing for my bro's vti-s too.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a boss the other night to fit a Sparco wheel to my MB6 but its for a non airbag model. Does this mean that I won't have an indicator cancel and my airbags won't work? The airbags thing isn't a big issue to be fair but I'd like my indicator cancel to work :s

Thanks

Gary

Archived