Silver MB6 from Kent

:shock: did you just get the meisters on ebay? if you did, you beat me to them! :cry:

looking forward (and enviously :mrgreen: ) to seeing how your project turns out. :D

I did indeed, and only had to pick them up from Essex in the end! So you're the man that cost me the extra £70 on what I could have paid for them! :x:roll:;):D

i can always give you the £70 back and I take the meisters ;):lol:

get some pics up of them fitted! :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Finally got the Mesiter R coilys on... Just a tip, make sure you have EVERYTHING before you start! lol

I decided the easiest thing to do would be to grind through the lower mounting bolt nut, that is welded to one side of the original strut, as the bolt would have snapped, and caused more problems than it was worth.

2012-06-17134839.jpg

2012-06-21172418.jpg

Dropped it about 2" from standard height, and well, was a bit too low, but looked sweet!

2012-06-30093523.jpg

2012-06-29221258.jpg

But as i'm going for all round performance, decided to raise it 20mm, handles great and no rubbing issues!

As she stands now...

2012-07-01145931.jpg

Might drop the rear back down a little, what do people think?

Started to strip out the back. Anyone need rear interior?

2012-07-01100049.jpg

Next to do is...

- Finish removing rear interior

- Remove rear wiper (what size bung are people filling the hole with?)

- Custom CAI

- MG Spoiler (once painted)

- Oil change

Future mods will have to wait till after my Holiday! 8-)

2012-07-01145931.jpg

Perfect height. [smitten.gif]

For removing rear wiper, I'm sure there's a how to somewhere, but:

Yeah it was easy enough. Just disconcerting removing the interior boot trim. Always feels as though the trim will snap.

Think it was 5 (may have been 6) fasteners to remove, then the trim pulled off.

LIft cover on the rear wiper, remove nut.

Unplug connector on wiper motor (inside boot) and undo 3 bolts to remove.

I used one of these to bung the hole (wrapped the chrome in carbon vinyl, though you could paint it)

img.jpg

http://m.diy.com/mt/www.diy.com/nav/fix ... t_redirect

Replaced boot trim, sorted.

nice height! i think you should drop the back down a bit more so the wheel gap is a bit less but looks good and the wiper delete is pretty easy to do :)

Lol, thats rich coming from you Craig ;) Seem to remember it was somewhat of an adventure?!

nice height! i think you should drop the back down a bit more so the wheel gap is a bit less but looks good and the wiper delete is pretty easy to do :)

Lol, thats rich coming from you Craig ;) Seem to remember it was somewhat of an adventure?!

oh please dont reind me about that WACK11111 after looking at the how to it is actually an easy job :oops:

Well to be fair guys, removing the wiper was the last of my worries, I'll have that thing off in 10 mins! lol. Would just be handy to know the size of the hole I need to fill!? From the link I take it is 30mm?