Weight reduction on the MB6

Soldier456

So the MB6 weighs something like 1250kg!? And the way it's built standard, it's pretty sluggy off the line. Feels like ur driving with a boot full of bricks! (Slight exaggeration) So anyone know what sort of reduction you can really do on the weight? Obviously you have interior, air con, wheels etc... Anyone have any other ideas? And What can you realisticly shed? 100kg? 200kg?

i removed the aircon permanently. no where as near as noticable as removing the rear seats and replacing the spare wheel for a space saver. the S9B gearbox has to go if you want the thrill of acceleration and replace with a S80 or Y21. if its a down n out track car you want theres no limit.

these Ms have potential as they are sleepers but slowly people are finding their true potential as its affordable compared to other cars out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends what you use it for really and how practical you need it.

Air con, pas and itr wheels saved me 30-40 kgs, pas was really noticable, reved a lot more freely and gave greater feed back through the steering wheel. Lighter suspension parts reducing unsprung weight then interior, most of dash, carpets, sound deadening, rear plastics could go then for more extreme measures you could get polycarbonate windows, cut any excess metal out the doors/boot and fit a sunroof blank :D

I reckon 100kgs would be easy to shift

slowly people are finding their true potential as its affordable compared to other cars out there.

i replaced my itr airfilter box/pipe for standard and my 4-1 + decat for oe as weel and the differance is :shock: just with these bolt on parts surely iv lost 10/15 bhp