srs light on (help please)

shebabby

they're about £250 from honda, try finding someone who's breaking one, ebay etc...

x2 luckilly i had one when i bought the doner deck ;)

i recon they will all fit from other civics (5th gen) as long as they have the horn and air bag ?

• 1 year later...

Ill bump this as its relevant to my question.

So this is related to my M Civic. I have changed my indicator stalk and i stupidly connected the battery while the airbag was out the car. When i put the airbag back in (battery off of course) the SRS light not suprisingly is now on.

Can i clarifly the reset procedure from someone please? 

Ill bump this as its relevant to my question.

So this is related to my M Civic. I have changed my indicator stalk and i stupidly connected the battery while the airbag was out the car. When i put the airbag back in (battery off of course) the SRS light not suprisingly is now on.

Can i clarifly the reset procedure from someone please? 

http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/129-how-to-reset-srs-light-if-doesnt-go-out-like-it-should/

Here's a guide on resetting the SRS light

Ok, why bother to reset the light if it's on?

If the light is on its a MOT failure and might cause your SRS system to malfunction,should you get involved in an traffic incident. I found this on the net.

Tools Required : A piece of electrical wire and about 15 minutes of time.

Step 1 > Locate the SRS connector . It is located in the fuse box behind the driver's flappy storage area. You can simply wiggle the flappy storage bit out without difficulty. And look at the right hand corner of the fuse box and you will see the bright yellow wire and the SRS connector. It should look like this ..

[attachment=0]loc2.jpg[/attachment]

Step 2> Now press the tab and unplug the SRS connector.

srs1.jpg

Step 3> Now the wire needs to be connected to the SRS connector .

Wirecnct.jpg

Step 4> Now with the wire connected, turn the ignition on (||) but do not start the car. The SRS indicator light should come on and go out in about 8 seconds. Now quickly disconnect the wire. When you disconnect the wire the SRS light should come back on again. Now ! quickly reconnect the wire and the SRS light will go out .

Now disconnect the wire and leave it disconnected.

If you done it properly the SRS light will flash twice indicating the SRS indicator light has been reset.

Step 5> Wait for maybe a minute and then turn the ignition on and start the car as usual and the SRS light should come on and go out like it should do ..

And thats it  :cool:

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

so i did this today, light goes off, when i jumped the connector then i disconect and recconect it goes out then couple seconds later comes on, but stays on.

It does not then turn off after 8 seconds as usual after would. What does this mean is wrong?