oil usage

spudley1988

Would oil quality contribute? Fired in some crap we use at work, cant remember name but its stil 10-40. Isnt great stuff tho cost me 10 quid for 5 litres lol :D

Good question :? i always put the good stuff in,, so can't answer that one, :(

My first oil was Esso 10W40 which is a cheap brand. At ~5k I had to pour from min to max and then at ~8k again from min to max.

Then I used Castrol Magnatec 10W40 and for 1 year and 2 months I didn't have to fill any oil. Before the change it was a little less then the middle. So it matters what oil you use.

Now I am with Magnatec again with Hamp filter and I don't think I will be using different oil.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply, the stuff i have in just now is drivetec?? Never heard of this myself but mechanic at work said its cheap crap hence the price lol. Magnatec seems to be the oil of choice for a few people so will need to do another service and get some better oil back in the beast. Thanks again for the reply because i was crapping myself incase i had broke something lol, so heres hoping its due to poor oil being used :D

Thanks for your reply, the stuff i have in just now is drivetec?? Never heard of this myself but mechanic at work said its cheap crap hence the price lol. Magnatec seems to be the oil of choice for a few people so will need to do another service and get some better oil back in the beast. Thanks again for the reply because i was crapping myself incase i had broke something lol, so heres hoping its due to poor oil being used :D

1"£££$££"!!

Where's the best place to get magnatec oil. Went onto opie oils and punched in my car and it came up mobil super 2000, motul, millers and fuschs. Also where is a good place to get denzo irridium sparky plugs :D

Where's the best place to get magnatec oil. Went onto opie oils and punched in my car and it came up mobil super 2000, motul, millers and fuschs. Also where is a good place to get denzo irridium sparky plugs :D

is this what you are looking for >>>>>>>> http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-972-castro ... ontent=972

got mine from here just tell him model and year when ordering and he will send the right ones >>>>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denso-Iridium ... 27b3116ac3

Dude your an absoloute legend for the 2 links this early on a sunday lol.

1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! No worrys mate i'm here to help and advise where i can! :mrgreen: