Removing Power Steering ?

EmZvr

i have no power steering (belt removed) and i would =nt advise you do it unless you are strong

how much difference does it actually make? as ive never driven a car without it.

X2 I have never driven a car without PS and I'm definitely not in the strong category :D

May be I should remove the belt to see what is like, is it east to remove/reinstall ?

Also it will be nice if someone got info on this breather system it is said that makes the steering easier and it is close to having PS.

Eassy to remove belt four bolts at max

I wouldn't have removed it only I burst the resoiver

If your not strong you will not be able to steer at skw speeds simply put

i have driven cars with out PS ( showing my age i guess ) you do get more feel the best PS i ever had was on my 405 Mi16 perfect weight and feel

i have a 309gti with a PS rack on it i was told too remove the fluid if i am using it with out the PS the only reason i did is the rack leaked and was a bloody big job too change after having just fitted the Mi16 in so drained and used it that way but if i ever get it back on track then its back on ( not sure if this is true for honda's but i was told for the pug the PS racks are quicker racks )

I'm pretty sure the rack will become damaged eventually if using it as unassisted.

And Blimey yes need to be strong. One of previous cars had no power steering with 215/40/17s.

Arms like Popeye after a 3 pointer of parallel park.

oh yer thats true hard work i had a mate who had a had a small steering wheel and sticky tyres on a car with no PS he just got a sweat on just backing his car out of his drive it was also his every dau car and it does shorten the life of the rack too from what i heard

my old C reg Mk2 gold was a nightmare to steer. people would look at me getting in to tight spots as i wrestled with the steering wheel. however i did get a sense of satisfaction when parked. i suppose that kinda explain's the arthiritis. :lol: i would not recommend it.