Brake upgrades

eg9adz

I've recently bought a mb6 and I remember the brakes being better on my last one, so I've been thinking about brake upgrades and came up with a few options

1) Upgrade the calipers to nsx/legend twin pots, more braking force with the advantage of keeping same size discs and pads

2) Upgrade the calipers to atr twin pots, more braking force but will have to change the hubs to 5 stud (meaning new wheels as well) or re drill the discs to fit the standard hubs

3) Upgrade to AP racing 300mm 4 pots for the 96 spec itr, the main disadvantage of this is the price, at £620 its more expensive than the atr twin pots if I dont change the hubs and a lot more expensive than the nsx twin pots.

Has anyone on here done any of these upgrades and what was it like compared to standard?

If you haven't what would you do to your mb6 to improve the braking?

The pedal is fine its not a old brake fluid becoming hydroscopic and the car already has grooved discs so I suspect better pads already

Its more a case of I want to get my brakes (and suspension) sorted before I turbo charge my car, the current brakes just arent upto scratch

For info on the nsx calipers have a look on CL as there is a few posts as its meant to be a good upgrade. Do you think you can just change the calipers and keep your original disks and pads?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...