Big T's VTIS, this will take a while

Guest Big T

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would start a thread to follow on from my introduction here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10081

I have had the car about a month now and so far have just spent my time making driving her bearable, the previous work on her has been truely shocking :shock: ......for example, they replaced the N/S front drop link and rather than just undo the arb bolts they cut the arb!!!!!! They also replaced the N/S/R caliper but didn't bother refitting the pad springs or shims, so as you can imagine she has been the rattliest rattly thing on the road :evil:

Both the rear ARB drop links were completely shot so I have replaced them, this was easy as I work at Kwik Fit in Aberdeen so have full access to trade prices, ramps, tools etc.

I was getting annoyed at only having a heater working on stage 3 and 4 so I ordered the replacement resistors on ebay £12 or something delivered :D , I had a look on here about how to fit this and it took me a total of 5 minutes from start to finish, chuffed to bits that my fan now works at all speeds.

I had decided that my thermostat was knackered as the car could sometimes take a 20 mile journey to start warming up, this wasn't good for fuel consumption, so yesterday I replaced with a new one......again from ebay but a brand new part.

I have now been trying to get prices for MG ZS 180 suspension units and arb's I have only managed to find rear shocks and springs on ebay, so I have used 1st choice salvage. I received my first quote today, 4 x shocks/springs and both ARB's delivered for £240. Not sure if this is with a warrenty or not so will wait for some better offers. Obviously can't access the for sale section here so don't know if there is anything for sale on here.

Will get some pictures up over the next few days not willing to take any now as I haven't washed her in over 2 weeks, and for someone who is a detailer........just wrong :lol:

Cheers

Tony

I should think so your car should be spotless at all times :lol::lol: nice work now she is getting some good T.L.C :D Keep it up and yes you will have to get pics up clean she must be :lol::D

Well I'll maybe have to book a couple of days holidays so I can get her properly detailed, the wash process alone should take about 6-7 hours.........and thats just the outside

Did you manage to get all those scrapes and scratches sorted then :?: If so what did you use :?:

MGZS front arb only difference is drop links, same thickness, see this thread near the bottom of the page:http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=9831

If you're happy to wait then CW dismantlers on the bay seem to be the cheapest for the shocks, Tom on here got his for £60/£70. Rear arb can be had for anywhere between £20-£70.

Happy hunting. :D

We just had the shims lying about in the workshop as spares so I swiped one for my thing, it's great now.

Not started on the bodywork yet, will need to save some pennies for that :cry:

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys didn't mean for post to come across as a for sale ad. Love the BANNED USER bit though!!!!! Bit harsh :lol:

Cheers

T

EDIT MODERATOR

Then edited by me :)