ITR/ CTR/ TYPE-R cam's

philgor

would be there be any gain by just swapping the the c4 cam's out and by dropping ITR/CTR cam's in? i.e just cam's no re-map, or anything else or i'm i just barking up the wrong tree.....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far, 150k mc2 aerodeck, on mg zs suspention and rear rollbar, custom ss catback with itr airbox. running at 163bhp

just wondering if just swapping the cam's would give the engine a boost, or do i need to go further with remapping it as well.

i remember pricing up an fast road cam for my old astra. it was an old 1.4 spi, and i'd been on the forum's, priced up a S/H 1.6 spi head, head skim, valve regrind, headgasket kit bolt's. and a fast road cam WACK11111 and it wouldn'd need remaping or anything electrical eather...

never got around to doing it cos i did this to it

astra3.jpg

yes i did walk away from it......

no i didn't, that was my first car, a mk3 phase 1 astra swing 1.4 single point injection. with an allmighty 60 WACK11111 bhp..... (wanted more go as it had no power and no torque what so ever....)

rolled that fucking thing 4 times at 40mph yeah 40mph, bird shatered the windsreen as i entered a right hand bend, starteled me (only been driving a couple of month's), back end hit the dirt and sent me sideway's rolled it 4 time's in total encluding 1 of them end over end WACK11111:shock: got it over a dyke and on top of a hedge facing very nearly the way i came.......

so back to the question, can i drop any of the above cam's in and the car can run with out any ill effect's :D

i dont know why every one here is gone so lazy answering latly ??? you could ask a question b4 and have an answer on a few hours

if you search mate you will find an answer im sure just watch out for civicturbo;s replys he knows the score

iirc you can not just bolt in and civic type r cams are better