ITR/ CTR/ TYPE-R cam's

philgor

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think messing about with type r cams is a good idea if your on a budget.

in my opinion if your gonna go that route either get a type r head complete with intake manifold and remap or at least ditch the c4 intake mani and do cams and springs and a remap.

local guy whos well known tuner in the midlands reckoned you could see 185-190bhp with a type r head and remap. obviously if the c4 is healthy to start with

I'd say for a couple of hundred quid, you'd be better off with an exhaust manifold and a de-cat (if you haven't already got these), ticks the boxes of more noise and with the de-cat you'll feel the kick into VTEC more :D

Cams aren't a cheap option as you will know from the above, if you do it cheap, it'll get expensive :)

alredy got an itr manifold, intake i can't do a lot about that, and the decat, did have one lined up, but i've had to pull out of that due to family issues....

alredy got an itr manifold, intake i can't do a lot about that, and the decat, did have one lined up, but i've had to pull out of that due to family issues....

Ah right, the de-cat will probably give you the best grin per £ then once you are able to :)