ITR/ CTR/ TYPE-R cam's

philgor

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to mention the itr exhaust manifold.. the link james put up, that's intresting, the aftermarket cam's require new spring's and what not, but it seem's standard honda one's don't.... i'm gonna leave it for the moment....

still planning on keeping the 8200 rev limit, just trying to find out, if you can run any genuine honda type-r cam's (ctr/itr etc) in a b18c4 lump with no adverse effect's, or with out modding the ecu......

many mixed revirws on this.. some say its essential to install the matching springs with cam's. others have experience and say its fine. no need to change spring's. personally i think it's a ticking time bomb.

in my opinion i think it's ok to rev to stock limit with teg cam's and normal C4 spring's. but as i have both C4 spring's and teg spring's. there is a difference and it's all about valve float.

the teg cam's open a wee bit more and for a slight longer duration. dual spring's on the intake and exhaust. the retainers are identical.

revving through the gear's is all good if it's consistent and smooth change's. but...

hold it in a for example 2nd gear too long and you risk something going wrong.. i would not risk it to be honest.