ABS Fault and MOT

adman

Hey Guys,

Have a fault on the ABS at the moment, light is permanently on (went through a period of being intermittent...). MOT is due soon, so wondering whether it's an MOT failure to have a fault on ABS? e.g. if you have ABS, does it have to be in working condition?

If so, then i'll have to try and sort it out pronto, if not it can wait for a couple of weeks (or at least till it stops raining!! ;) ).

Cheers,

Adam.

on the mb6/mc2 abs is a standerd fitment, so ant clued up tester, (like me lol) wiuld fail it with in a minuite of the test....

james, the abs lamp must follow a set sequence, if it doesn't it's a fail.....

IME £40 is pricey; assuming it's a sensor (& it most probably is) look for people breaking on ebay. £15-20 is about the going rate; I've had RR & FL go in two years & both mine were found for £15. If you haven't checked the ABS code yet, bridge the two-pin connector on pins 3 & 5 of the 5-pin connector in the passenger footwell, then turn the ignition key to ON (i.e. just before the 'start' position. The sensors are easy to replace; an hourish.

set sequence?

i know its a really dumb thing i suggested =]

When you switch the ignition on the light goes on and back off within a set time if not it's a fail, all cars charted for MOT. :)