MGZS Suspension...Dakar Edition...WITH PICS

burbleboy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd check the part numbers on the front shocks (begins with RBN) and spring colour coding (colour stripe/s on the spring), also make sure they are a matched pair. You may have non-zs180 shocks/springs.

Hi troops,

Just bought and fitted mg zs180 suspension after reading up about it. Well what can I say...it now sits even higher than before and on the drivers side front it is about an inch higher than passenger side.

Yes handling improved but feel that, as the front is higher than rear, the handling has been compromised somehow. :roll:

On the plus side is I can look down and peek at the HGV drivers as I drive past. I can do an oil filter change by simply just walking under my car....without ducking!

Bugs me that the only way to sort is is spend more money on lowering springs.....which i wont do :cry:

Suspension bought from ebay with cv vehicle dismantlers

i think i bought from them too and i have just found out today they are not off a v6, mine also looks higher on the front. does the back bouncy wildly over bumps?

i think i bought from them too and i have just found out today they are not off a v6, mine also looks higher on the front. does the back bouncy wildly over bumps?

How did you know they wernt from zs180? :shock:

I have emailed ebay seller and now awaiting reply....

I will check part number and spring colour code the next time im at my mates garage..just hassle and just as well my mate fitted them as a garage would have re-charged me for fitting if they turn out to be non v6 shockers. :evil:

p.s i know its a quote fail!!!!

Finally, some pictures of what im taking about..Dakar Edition;

O/S/F

DSC01563.jpg

N/S/F

DSC01566.jpg

O/S/R

DSC01564.jpg

N/S/R

DSC01565.jpg

This is only picture i have side on (ebay and before i bought it)

KGrHqRhoE7l9w8foBPCd6RY60_12.jpg

Car as stands just before i fitted ZS180 kit

DSC01534.jpg