ABS light on...front sensors..BUT....

burbleboy

Hi folks!

I recently changes front struts / springs to MGZS stuff but my mate must have damaged a abs sensor. Wires look great, no damage, fuse ok.

I have used the search facility and need a wee bit of info and found this on another post;

"If you haven't checked the ABS code yet, bridge the two-pin connector on pins 3 & 5 of the 5-pin connector in the passenger footwell, then turn the ignition key to ON (i.e. just before the 'start' position. The sensors are easy to replace; an hourish."

Questions;

How do i read fault code on ecu as the above description is a tad vague!?

I have fitted a p28 ecu so would that be a different way of reading it?

Thanks in advance!

Alastair

Hi!

I just found brilliant thread and followed instruction;

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34

Fault code list;

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4268&p=37703&hilit=list+of+fault+codes#p37703

However, ive got one flash about a second long followed by 3 blinks. This is repeated constantly.

Anyone got any ideas what fault code relates one pause and 3 blinks? I tried with the fault codes above but nothing is relative to 3 blinks!

Cheers

Thats the same sensor as what i need, i have ordered one from a car thats breaking so waiting for it to arrive.

Fleabay wanted £30 all in posted from lithuania. I took your advice and emailed 4 breakers on ebay and got for £20 posted and chose the seller with best feedback!

Result!