Exhaust Rasp after de-cat...UPDATE!

burbleboy

Hi,

I had a sport silencer put in place of the cat when i changed the manifold...a few months back.

Today i got the rid of silencer and went with full decat. I have a Powerflow rear silencer but it's very thin / small in proportion, unlike proper rear silencer. However, after decat the exhaust now rasps slightly up to 5000 rpm.

Any one know of a straight fit rear silencer to replace this but without the rasp? :cry:

I have had raspy exhausts before and to solve this, i had straight through rear pipe/silencer, as the gases seem to like an unrestricted exit. If there is silencer at the back, the gases are slowing down at the exit and that seems to give off rasping effect.

Anyone had this problem and fixed this WITHOUT the straight through silencer option? WACK11111

Nearly 33 years old and dont want to go down the mega loud road but i'm embarrased at the corsa 1.2 rasp now! :oops:

hondas are raspy when you fit an aftermarket exhaust on them. Most i've heard which aren't have had full custom built systems deisgned for a specific sound.

De-cat's are raspy on any car so add the two together and its going to be very raspy

Yeah i know, my last mb6 had custom exhaust but had a rear universal back box. Didnt rasp though! :shock:

I bought a universal back box off fleabay for £44 posted so will try that. If that fails then i can stick the exhaust on my bmw track car! ;)

^^^

Not putting cat back on as its crap with it on.

I understand that taking a silencer away will change noise but ive had a vti before,with roughly the same mods...and it didnt rasp! :roll:

Just one of these things i suppose. Hopefully cheapo silencer will be different enough to stop rasp before i go down custom silencer route. :cry:

All about the Rasp man, on my first honda i had a 2.5" japspeed 4-2-1 mani and a buddy club decat and i was mad raspy with the stadard box but you are deristricing the gas flow and removing alot of wound metal within the CAT that keeps it quite so its always going to rasp i also removed the centre silencer and put a new back box on it was stupidly loud.