mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exhaust looks perfect. :D

Exhaust looks decent in the fitted pictures dude! Plus forgot to mention, any horn has to be an improvment on the Jap clown horn :lol:

It's a Roadrunner recording.

roadrunner.gif

Exhaust looks perfect. :D
Exhaust looks decent in the fitted pictures dude! Plus forgot to mention, any horn has to be an improvment on the Jap clown horn :lol:

It's a Roadrunner recording.

roadrunner.gif

You're not wrong dude! :lol:

Right chaps slight problem, Today my starter motor went i managed to bump it and get it running to get it home. Me an a mate made a start on getting the old starter motor off this is where the trouble started.

As you will probably know they are steel bolts what go into the ally bell housing which corrode and seize, The top bolt come out freely but the bottom took some persuasion and really didn't want to move. I figured loosening then tightening it and keeping it well lubricated would soon get it out. This was working then it sheard at the bottom of the shoulder leaving the threaded part still in the bell housing/block?

Anyone had this problem? How did you get round/ remove it? Or any ideas will be helpful.

the only thing to do really is try and center punch the piece stuck in. then drill it with hss bit, first small then gradually go up in size until you can pick out the thread. just keep it really well centered.

ive had to do this numerous times since owning hondas. the bolts used across the entire vehicles are pretty weak. and prone to seizing.

the only thing to do really is try and center punch the piece stuck in. then drill it with hss bit, first small then gradually go up in size until you can pick out the thread. just keep it really well centered.

ive had to do this numerous times since owning hondas. the bolts used across the entire vehicles are pretty weak. and prone to seizing.

Yeh i was thinking this, Although i dont think ill be able to get the bulk of a drill in, Maybe an air drill if the compressor's powerful enough.

Im gonna go out now and see what i can do. Ill let you know how i get on.