FYI - my VTI-S with MGZS 180 suspension with UPDATED DC2 FRO

Jimmer

Well today I was a bit bored, and decided I would swap in the Front DC2 shocks and springs to see what they would be in comparison to standard VTI-S units and the MGZS 180 units.

I got a bit of a shock lol, excuse the pun but I really did, they made the car sit a lot lower at the front, to be honest lower than I would have liked normally, but for the 10 miles I've done so far, they seem a lot better, nowhere near as stiff and suprisingly good match up to the MGZS rears lol. And since they are also standard units, they seem to be a lot more comfortable than the MGZS ones but far better handling than the standard VTI-S ones lol. And possibly the MGZS ones, but maybe im just getting excited haha.

Anyways here is a wee pic of how she sits now

2012-08-12183422.jpg

Could be the new combo of choice for MB6's unless someone can point out a flaw with this set up lol??

looks good, am liking the front drop! :twisted: may have to ditch the mg fronts and go for some dc2's!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well from what i have driven it is stiffer than the standard VTI-S suspenion but nowere near as stiff as the MGZS 180 front suspension. So far I would say it is very comfortable for how it sits lol. Not bouncy in any way and follows the road nicely. The MGZS 180 suspension at the front I found was so stiff it did bounch a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

hey thought I'd just drop a little post into this. I had been thinking about doing the mgzs/dc2 combo to my mb3, the dc2 front springs and shocks are fitted and the car still sits quite high. Def lower than standard but still sit really high especially compared to your drop. Is there a difference in ride hight between the jdm dc2's and the uk ones??

cheers

hey thought I'd just drop a little post into this. I had been thinking about doing the mgzs/dc2 combo to my mb3, the dc2 front springs and shocks are fitted and the car still sits quite high. Def lower than standard but still sit really high especially compared to your drop. Is there a difference in ride hight between the jdm dc2's and the uk ones??

cheers

No don't think so, but the D15z8 is significantly lighter than the B18 (especially if it had aircon) therefore it will sit higher.

Im not too sure about the differences between ukdm and jdm integra shocks/springs, but it does make sense that the difference between mine and yours may be the weight at the front between the 1.5 and 1.8.

Have you driven it yet since you fitted the fronts?

Mine were out of a 1996 jdm integra fyi lol

Yea it drove really well, huge difference in handling just wasnt happy with ride height. Have now put my coilover sleeve things back on but have fitted them better than previous owner did so car now sits better, handles great and is pretty stiff lol :D