MB6-S

Murray

Got in a swap for a XE'd Cavalier I built up. Spent a good bit of time on the Cavalier, it had a good spec. Magnex exhaust, Bilstein yellow dampers and Kahn 17's.

But when a mate of mine got a MB6-S that was looking sorry for it's self. Couldn't help but want it off him, I got cash as well and it was run over with a buffer to shine it up. Never knew how good pirates black is in the sun. Needs a exhaust system (it's goosed from the downpipe back), rear arches cleaned up and a better suspension set up. I've stuck new plates and rear door stickers on it to neaten it up for the time being. Plus the B18 is in good heath, Vtec works and doesn't reek. It's also had a lot of work done to it in the last two years, expensive bits too. Timing belt, back brakes and clutch for example.

dsc00732df.jpg

I'm stockpiling bits for it atm. Got some lowering springs with ZS dampers. Now searching for exhaust bits to bin the shonkey mess on it the now.

Aim is a OEplus look using the best bits from the Ronda HHR/M series cars.

Ta folks :D .

Tried fitting the MG shocks today.....

Ain't happenin'. She's seen too many scottish winters, started with the back shockers. Spent about 5 hours unseizing shiz on one side (Ezzit and a blowtorch FTW!!). Then found the TCA and radius arm bushes are proper fooked. Not happy!!!

So with a bit of anger about me, I got out the angle grinder and set about the rear drop link and spring. Put one of my lowering springs on the ZS rear shock and found I might have to stick with the ZS springs. Found they might not work out as first thought. I've got 3dr Civic springs after looking it up. I ain't gonna find out what effect they have on the ride height, as i'll happly have set of good ZS pogo sticks. Than another setup, half arsed and knackering a good set of shocks.

So I packed up the tools and walked away. So my car is sat on axle stands awaiting parts to fix it :lol: .

I intend too 8-) .

Ordered some parts too. New radius arm bushes, rear drop links and sorted out a solution on the worn out LCA bushes. Gonna strip down the driver's side and start attaching some fresh parts.

Then I should have the MB6-S handling as it should again.

• 2 weeks later...

Think MG Rover changed it's paint systems not long after the BMW takeover.

Also thanks to DRIVE (MG Rover's cost cutting program) they binned those useless arch rubber trims. From what i've seen they trap water and dirt for fun, instead of keep it out. Doesn't help when no one bothers cleaning out all the sh*te that collects there either.

Still, i'm gonna have a go at sorting out the Civic. I won't get another with the same miles, spec or price! It won't be long before the MB VTi's are a rare breed.