Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

Fine, you asked for it..... 

Who here that's met our resident Dr BHM Esq thinks he looks like Richard Wilson?

meldrew.jpg?w=640

I DON'T BELIEVE IT :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  

But i do love it. that is me to a tee LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hers a funny one to explain..

First i will point  out that what has happened is all good and im not bothered but here it is

Since getting her when parked (on delivery normally) if i leave the main beam lights on the stereo does not power off (must be powered through that circuit) and when i leave her with parking/dipped lights on the stereo powers off. This makes sense if its powered through the main beam circuit..  But i noticed when we bought our MB6 she does not do this..

Noticed last night (after almost two years of ownership) that now the stereo does not stay powered anymore when i leave the lights on, also before if i turned the lights on full with no ignition key the cigarette lighter circuit would work and now it does not..

All lights are working as they should (ignition on or off)

The stereo is powering on and off as it should and remembering its settings (ignition on)

The cigatette lighter is working (ignition on)

As i say im not bothered just a bit perplexed by it..Only down side is i used to be able to leave my lights on and show off my floorwell lighting (as i wired it through the stereo ignition live) 

Possible Eureka Moment....

Does any body know if our stereo wiring circuit has a seperate live for the oem stereo illumination, i may need to pop the stereo out and have a proper look at the wiring (it had been tampered with pre my ownership) and get my trusty 12v test screwdriver out see whats occuring.

When i can be bothered to get off my butt and go outside in the cold

Sounds like there's been some butchery done to the wiring in there, not sure if it has a separate live for illumination but maybe on the circuit for the permanent live (memory).

the permanent and ignition live appear to be doing there jobs. The permenant is remembering settings and the ignition live is switching it on or off i asked if it had a seperate for illumination as if they have tested it and seen both ignition and illumination works with the ignition on only they may have joined the two and the fuse for the illumination wire may have gone stopping my qwerk from happening ???