project stealth

mk1kid

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its on the return side as is the standard fuel reg . How it works is fuel comes in for the fuel pump in the tank through the filter and into the rail, if there was no restriction ie no reg the fuel would flow back to the tank with no pressure in the system , by add a reg that keeps the pressure in the rail constant closing and opening as it needs to so when the injectors are open they have pressure to fire . An adjusterable reg just gives you control of that pressure (restriction) by up'ing the pressure you can get fuel delievery faster in to the engine when the injectors fires . But to get the most out of this mod you do need a 255 fuel pump and a map as adding more fuel in a sence mades the engine richer and there for slower. If you had a vafc 2 you could control that fueling as it will not need big adjustments. Rich.

Ok will do mate . it will be sunday now before i get time , Im finishing stripping the vti-s that im breaking tomorrow .I got all the panels off and the engine out of it today . so i can get rid of the shell on monday . i can then get the parts up for sale , and get the parts i need to return mine back to standard . Rich.

Archived