Whistle at 4000 RPM at full throttle

Emin89

Hey guys Ive not found a topic for this one, anyway let me know if im wrong, now to the actual complaint,

I found out the other day a misterious whistle coming from under the hood, which happens at 4000 RPM and higher when I floor it, I suspect the Intake Manifold Gasket or a kind of vacuum leak. Now I wanted to find out some more about this problem, if you guys have made some experience, Ive read also in the net, it might be a cracked exhaust manifold, I would appreciate any help.

Best regards

Thank you for the fast response,

yes I actually do have an aftermarket cold air intake, the filter is inside the front bumper, and hasnt been cleaned for about 50000 km I think, I actually thought of that today on the highway as I floored it on the acceleration lane, it sounded like a turbo lol

it will be your induction, i just fitted one that goes behind the bumper and that does it, if you kit accelorator hard at any rev you can hear a slight tish. but at 4k it whistles, you can hold the whistle noise but its like a biting point id say to trigger it. i had a similar induction on my old punto and that did it too, so nothing to worry about mate

it will be your induction, i just fitted one that goes behind the bumper and that does it, if you kit accelorator hard at any rev you can hear a slight tish. but at 4k it whistles, you can hold the whistle noise but its like a biting point id say to trigger it. i had a similar induction on my old punto and that did it too, so nothing to worry about mate