My MB6 Track Car build

stoocake

Cheers dude, been on a bit of a road trip in it today (6 hours across the country) and it's all holding up - only gripe I found was one of the lexan windows needs securing in a bit better at the bottom, but apart from that, it's good to go.

I was going to get some better pics of it today but 1) it was covered in bird crap and 2) my phone battery has been dead all day.

Hopefully get a bit more done on it this weekend though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally fitted the front lower tie bar I bought about 4 months ago. It has firmed up the handling a fair bit and is a recommended mod from me. I'm sure it'll be even more beneficial on track.

240520091081.jpg

As I'm using this pretty much as a daily car at the moment, I thought I'd better do something about the passenger ventilation, so out with the window, and chunky motor, and in with some nice light lexan

240520091082.jpg

...and a hatch to poke your head through (also useful for dogging aye?)

240520091083.jpg

My delicately recessed sunroof also wasn't quite as strong as it needed to be and it always leaked a little, so I went the whole hog and made a frankenstein:

240520091084.jpg

Some nice grill inserts in the old fog light covers to tidy up the front a little

250520091086.jpg

And a quick shot of the side of the car, BEFORE I washed it

240520091085.jpg:lol:

Cheers

The nearside fog was rotten and the drivers side is sold - I really don't have much left from this car worth selling - I think the ashtray is the only thing :P

I'll keep an eye out for you at Knockhill then - you going on track?

All I've managed to do this week is sort the annoying rattle out that developed in my rear bumper since I last had it off - think it was the exhuast but always hard to tell - I cut a few bits away that may have been making contact and it's solved.

260520091100.jpg

Only got to finish making my doorcard and sort out something out as a washer fluid bottle and it's ready for Knockhill in a weeks time :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this video where the guy behind me very kindly, and I'm sure entirely unknowingly filmed the first outing of the Civic on track this weekend.

The car was just awesome...I knew it'd be a lot sharper than in standard guise, but it genuinely surprised me just how capable it was. I remember the days of being overtaken by caterhams and turbo 4wd's as if I was standing still, but this time I wasn't only keeping up with them, I got past a few too!! :shock:

Considering my engine is bog standard bar the exhaust and flywheel, and my gear ratios are indeed FAAAAAAR too long, I'm really pleased with the car.

I'm going to continue to hone the handling though, despite the obvious need for more power, as when the power comes I want the car to be already capable of handling it.

There's still plenty more weight to come out from various places, certainly from the front of the car - the battery for example, so when I'm back from my holiday in Scotland, the progress will continue!!!

I'll get more pics soon too :)

Archived