i think she just died :-(

scottravenhill

Sure it ain't the main relay?

Yo dude sorry. which problem u referrin to?

Ok car starts and runs revs up fine when cold, ok till she gets hot, then as soon as I rev her she misfires and dies. then won't restart till cold. I've tried wd40 on plugs n leads n dizzy but no luck. Any ideas guys?

When I use to have a ef civic for example would drive it to the petrol station put fuel in then wouldn't start was the main relay. But as u say yours is missing prob not that

The not starting whilst warm / will restart when cold is a typical sign of the main relay problem.

Honda-Tech did have a guide written up somewhere, but its not hard to do.

My advice - follow the above. Once finished, put a decent amount of fuel in, go for a blat up the local A roads for 20 minutes. My old EG was always a bit lumpy after sitting for a while in the cold, quick run used to sort it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys thanks for all your advice, I looked at a new dizzy but couldnt get one cheap. I got the new cap but never fitted it, in fear that it wouldnt work and i might make it worse. so as i had already got new car decided to sell with the problem. i have a brand new distributor cap here now if anyone wants it cheap!