Aerodeck, Sorting handling

garymcc

I have an aerodeck with a b18c its currently lowered 60mm on shocks/springs, But it doesnt handle well at all!!

After xmas I'm going to sort the handling with coilovers/rear anti roll bar thats all I know to get, If anyone has other essentials I should go for please feel free to say here!! Also looking at these ebay coilovers, They have mixed reviews?? Can anyone clear this up to. Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-HOND ... add&_uhb=1

Why not start with the basics...

1) A decent set of tyres.

2) Check and replace the (almost certainly) tired bushes and drop links. Front and rear control arms, rear trailing arm bushes, possibly the camber / toe arms etc. It *can* be cheaper just to swap some of these parts for aftermarket than change the bushes.

3) Geometry

Personally 60mm is a big drop on standard shocks so i wouldn't be surprised if they were past their best.

Once you have the basic fundamentals for a decent ride - then you can start spending money on the shiny bits. Why spend £500 on a set of coilovers when you have knackered bushes and your wheels pointing in different directions - that won't solve your problems!

My first suggestion after completing the above would be a front upper strut; a standard Honda VTi/DC2 one can be had for less than a tenner. Then a rear anti-roll bar, MG if you can find it but even an MB6 one would be better than none.

Think of it this way - would you build a house on ropey foundations? ;)

• Like 1

Why not start with the basics...

1) A decent set of tyres.

2) Check and replace the (almost certainly) tired bushes and drop links. Front and rear control arms, rear trailing arm bushes, possibly the camber / toe arms etc. It *can* be cheaper just to swap some of these parts for aftermarket than change the bushes.

3) Geometry

Personally 60mm is a big drop on standard shocks so i wouldn't be surprised if they were past their best.

Once you have the basic fundamentals for a decent ride - then you can start spending money on the shiny bits. Why spend £500 on a set of coilovers when you have knackered bushes and your wheels pointing in different directions - that won't solve your problems!

My first suggestion after completing the above would be a front upper strut; a standard Honda VTi/DC2 one can be had for less than a tenner. Then a rear anti-roll bar, MG if you can find it but even an MB6 one would be better than none.

Think of it this way - would you build a house on ropey foundations? ;)

Ive already had the car checked for all bushings/arms etc mate, So that's covered :)

The shocks are past it, That's why I'm thinking coils. See strange thing is I have an mb6 strut brace(upper) and it wont fit? I dont know why this I can upload pics If needs be I took it from my old mb6 and it just doesnt fit my mc1.

Mines needs to be low though mate thats why I need coilovers, I cant seem to find the arb anywhere also?

Going super low are you?

There are some MG ZS shocks with Eibach xpower MGZS springs in the for sale section if they are low enough for you?

= This low? 20121124_103740.jpg

I got the ARB from a memeber on here, they do pop up from time to time :)

I can't see the for sale section mate, What drop are they?? Would like to see a better pic to check as mine is quite low ATM and don't want to raise it.

B592F320-91EF-4E50-8F18-F2770E1F063B-12564-0000061706DC31E8.jpg

B592F320-91EF-4E50-8F18-F2770E1F063B-12564-0000061706DC31E8.jpg

:shock:[smitten.gif][smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Have you got a project thread, that is stunning [smitten.gif]

x2 gorgeous, fat 5s. [smitten.gif]

I think the springs that Naz (weetec) is selling are -40, so with the zs dampers should be -55 which is what mine is (also zs and eibach -40 springs) have a look at my thread to see it on 15's. :)