Speed issues?

fridazadilak

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys...just done the trip back from Bristol, only got 105. That's it...I had a clear road ahead and that was for to the floor in 4th. I got a video of it which I'll upload in a while...but now I'm off to dismantle the Volvo!

I felt the small kick at 4.5k, and hit redline in 2nd but it wouldn't hit it in 3rd. The engine feels restricted somehow. It got to about 7.7k and wouldn't climb any higher. I've put a request in to my mate at Honda for plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor and oil filter...that should do it I hope!

Do you feel the VTEC at 5800k ish? As it may not be coming onto vtec. The IABs open at 4500k which is basically both of the inlets opening fully, then at 5800k it should change over to the other cam.

Once you get your parts and they are fitted get back to us, hopefully it will be fixed :D

Ok guys...just done the trip back from Bristol, only got 105. That's it...I had a clear road ahead and that was for to the floor in 4th. I got a video of it which I'll upload in a while...but now I'm off to dismantle the Volvo!

I felt the small kick at 4.5k, and hit redline in 2nd but it wouldn't hit it in 3rd. The engine feels restricted somehow. It got to about 7.7k and wouldn't climb any higher. I've put a request in to my mate at Honda for plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor and oil filter...that should do it I hope!

Giving it a service is a good start. You should get 70 in 2nd just over 100 in 3rd all day long. In theory the gear box will do 160

If it feels restricted maybe the auto choke is playing up? I had a similar feeling in a nova i had years ago but that was because it had a manual choke and i didnt know how to use it lol

Right here's the video:

http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... 104323.mp4

Trust me I don't normally drive like this but I needed to see what was up.

The vtec does kick in at 5.9k, and I feel the little kick at 4.5k. What are the IABs?

I'm thinking it might be something like a cat problem because of the fact it won't redline in 3rd.

Right here's the video:

http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... 104323.mp4

Trust me I don't normally drive like this but I needed to see what was up.

The vtec does kick in at 5.9k, and I feel the little kick at 4.5k. What are the IABs?

I'm thinking it might be something like a cat problem because of the fact it won't redline in 3rd.

IABs are inlet air butterflys, basically just a small vacumn that opens to let extra air in.

@Wilksey I thought it was the other way around VTEC at 4.5k and IABs at 5.8k. :?: