Probs selling up.

matty1

nice car matthew, body on the car looks mint.

i'd hunt for mgzs shocks and honda civic lowering springs depending on how low you want to go, but a really inexpensive way to go is using the MGZS shocks and springs, although i'd advise on different springs at the front as those one's will make the car sit higher than the back as they're designed for a 2.5 engine.

have a browse around the different projects here and see what kind of stance you like and head in that direction.

MGZS Shocks + Springs will get you 20-25mm lower than stock

Aftermarket Springs/coilovers will get you much lower than that.

yea ive read a few threads where you guys have been using the mgz shocks, but i defo want to go lower. ive had the cheap ebay ones on my honda civic eg coupe, was really good, didnt have any problems with them and then i had my mx5 lowered on some cheap ebay coilovers again really good, no problems. i understand you can only go low or high with them, no dampening adjustments, and there not as stiff as the more expensive coilovers but its not gonna be a track car.

so is eg parts i want or ek?

oh and another thing, this morning turned on me civic drove about a mile and then went for it in 2nd, but the vtec didnt kick in and then i tried it again and still no vtec. then i got in some traffic engine started heating up and got to the normal temp, then i went for it again and worked perfect. then after work same thing happened, vtec really didnt happen till it got hot. is this normal?

Thanks Tom.

Ok so I'm doing a shopping list but I need to know what civic I order it for. Do I order eg coilovers? just going for some cheap £200 ones off eBay. Rear lower control arms, eg or ek? And strut braces, going for a rear lower one and rear top one. Eg or ek?

I've searched through the forum and people say different ones from different cars and I'm a lil confused what to go for.

Rear lower eg & dc2 fit mate! :mrgreen:

As for rear upper not 100% sure!

oh and another thing, this morning turned on me civic drove about a mile and then went for it in 2nd, but the vtec didnt kick in and then i tried it again and still no vtec. then i got in some traffic engine started heating up and got to the normal temp, then i went for it again and worked perfect. then after work same thing happened, vtec really didnt happen till it got hot. is this normal?

vtec won't work till engine is warm (fail safe so you don't harm your cold engine) ;)

vtec won't work till engine is warm (fail safe so you don't harm your cold engine) ;)

Or if you are low on oil :)

Yes forgot about that ;) whats your oil level like btw