Tony's Silver VTI

tontvti

I got round to doing this eventually.

99K on the clock and still going strong

When I bought the car

W896NLF_23.jpg?t=1259957159

W896NLF_22.jpg?t=1259957243

Firstly I put in a sony xplod 10cd, bassey Pioneer 6x9's + tweeters and components.

Secondly I got a Mongoose exhaust, ebay 4-1 and a High flow CAT, no one local would weld up the high flow CAT so it was 4-1 > stock CAT > Mongoose.

DSC00003.jpg?t=1259957537

3 months later I went to visit Rich and he got out his welder, Welded the high flow CAT and fitted rear brakes. Cheers :mrgreen:

IMG00002.jpg?t=1259957781

IMG00003.jpg?t=1259958723

Recent addition Venom Induction kit with ebay steel tube, still cant remove the bottom of the air box. The rusty bolts are FUBAR

DSC00658.jpg?t=1259957480

The exhaust manifold has been blowing for a while. The gasket they give you with the Ebay 4-1 is really sh1t. I was ignoring the noisey as hell exhaust..... Last sunday in the pouring rain I decided to fix it :roll: i should have been able to pull the manifold clear of the threads but I cudnt, I had to go buy ramps from Halfords because the driveway is sloped and I cudnt lift the car enough to get the jack stands under so i could disconnect the CAT.

IMG00001.jpg?t=1259957877

If you're gasket looks like this its no wonder its blowing and you can smell exhaust in the car, lol

IMG00004.jpg?t=1259957943

My cylinder head is quite corroded, I tried to clean it up with a wire brush and wiped it down to get a smooth surface

IMG00005.jpg?t=1259958216

IMG00006.jpg?t=1259958267

Well fitted the new gasket and after 2 days it started blowing again, not as much but its annoying me again. Its definately quieter than it was though :mrgreen: It did sound like a big block V8

I've got in the garage to go on the car

AVZ3's (I've had the spare on for 3 weeks :lol: )

MG ZS ARB

440cc injectors

OBD1 ECU + Neptune RTP

LC1

then its suspension....... Jamex probably

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not perfect but it seems to work well; the manifold collector is 2", the high flow CAT 2.5" and the Mongoose is 2.25"

Its no uber loud I suppose. I've got crappy vids of it on photobucket but it keeps crashing when I try to get the link. I'll make a new one when I get a chance, Maybe this weekend. Depends if the Tesco carpark is busy :mrgreen:

Jamex got back to me and can't do coilovers for the MB6, our cars are heffers compared to the crx/EK and they don't have the right spring rates. They just suggested BC coilovers.....

Got Avon AZ3's fitted today, god damn what a difference. The car corners hard now and exiting a corner tries to straighten quicker than you'd expect. The new tyres are 195/50/15s, definately need new suspension now as it looks like a tractor :mrgreen:

It has been mentioned a few times that switching to 195/50/15's throws the speedo off. The speedo with the original tyres was spot on comparing it to the speed showing on my sat nav, which was surprising as normally speedos are quite optimistic.

I decided to check by how much the speedo was off today with the 50 profile tyres.

Speedo ... GPS

35 .........33

60 .........56

I know its not scientific but at least I've got a guide

• 1 month later...

Archived