Tony's Silver VTI

tontvti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant imagine why the exhaust was noisey, old gasket with new Honda one

gasketsagain.jpg?t=1264927672

After putting the new gasket on the manifold wasn't sitting quite flush, but everything was torqued up correctly. When I got under the car to reattach the CAT I could see there was something stopping the manifold being flush.

I'm guessing there is a little metal lip that the manifold is supposed to sit on. This is the same spot the last two gaskets blew!!!

"Tried" to take the manifold off again and stripped the head of the first bolt, motherf*%ka!!!

I put my torque wrench through the nearest piece of fence :oops::oops:

So now I've got to take it to a garage..... but I'm broke and might be losing my job soon. Ah well.

I couldnt fit the MG ZS ARB because I've apparently lost one of the MG bush brackets. i'm guessing I can't reuse the MB6 one with the bigger MG poly bush and ARB.

At no point during the day did I consider taking the mongoose off, removing the sound system and dousing the car in BBQ lighter fluid..... honest :lol::lol:

EDIT: I had the bight idea that if I tried to take the manifold bolts out first thing in the morning it might work because metal contracts in the cold. At 7am in the freezing cold it worked, the car now purrs lows down and screams like a possed banshee up top :mrgreen::mrgreen: I don't want to burn the car anymore

There are 2 little lumps that stick out from the head and you have to lift the manifold above them and hold it there as you tighten it up or as like you say they they hold the manifold from the head . rich.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else horde sh!t and compusively buy more sh!t......

untitled.jpg?t=1267042139

A grands worth of sh!t i dont really need :mrgreen:

D2 Coilovers (EK fitment)

Programable ECU

RC 440cc injectors

MG ZS ARB

New drop links

Superflex ARB bushes

If only I had a spare £450 to get it all fitted and mapped.

And i still probably need a clutch plus fitting, there's another £300 to £450 I need, ha ha, Aren't cars awesome 1"£££$££"!!

haha, stick in there tony mate, it's all worth it in the long run. Your mb's coming along nicely mate, glad you got the blowing gasket problem sorted.

I love the MB6

This week its £700+ on master and slave cylinders, rear wheel bearing, another gasket and some other stuff..... I stopped listening at that point.

I already started some major beef trying to raise 5ton last nite.

I must spend an average of 400 a month on this car...... its only money :lol:

I'm trying to laugh about it :?

I feel your pain too mate, everytime i get mine on the ramp my bank balance gets lighter, but when its sunny outside, your windows are down and you drop a gear and hit that sweet VTEC, it kinda makes it all worth while!!! :lol: Keep at it bud, it will be worth it in the end....thats what peeps tell me anyway!! :lol:;)

(Sunny outside and windows down in this country??? Who am i kidding!! :lol: )

Archived