Intake Manifold

jamal

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a good intake manifold for my mb6. Currently I have changed the exhaust manifold, got a custom cat-back exhaust system and got a custom air intake.

My question is I would like to get my car re-mapped once I have changed the intake manifold. Do I need to buy a new ecu? Or I can just use the standard ecu? Plus any other upgrades I should think about before getting my car remapped?

Thanks

You will need to change the ecu p28 p30 or p72

Any suggestions to which one is the best, considering all the mods I have done and going to change intake manifold and throttle body?

What intake you looking at getting?

What intake you looking at getting?

I am not sure yet. I want something that is not too much of a hassle to fit. Something that is probably made for b18c4.

skunk blox etc runs 1 stage vtec so no point getting a p72 as that runs 2 stage like our standard intake manis so p30 will be your best bet! ;)

skunk blox etc runs 1 stage vtec so no point getting a p72 as that runs 2 stage like our standard intake manis so p30 will be your best bet! ;)

Is it actually worth re-mapping the car without having done many mods? Like all the ones I mentioned in my first post. From what I have been reading, people say you loose the middle power by using skunk etc. unless you spend more money/time upgrading cams and other parts. I can easily see this getting from around £1k to £2k spending.

Is it actually worth re-mapping the car without having done many mods? Like all the ones I mentioned in my first post. From what I have been reading, people say you loose the middle power by using skunk etc. unless you spend more money/time upgrading cams and other parts. I can easily see this getting from around £1k to £2k spending.

and for 1-2k you could just buy a b18c type r engine :idea:

bacic mods won't need to be remaped just when you start changing cams intakes etc ;)

Thanks guys :)

That website looks useful. I have read at few places that the best and reasonable price mod you can do is replace the gearbox and clutch. You can reduce the 0-60 time by 1s. I am not sure how true that is. That website talks about S80 gearbox from integra Type R. Is that a good mod?