Chassis trolley

DeLaSoul

Okay, this is going to be a little bit of an odd one but does or will anyone need a chassis trolley?

I am building one specifically for the civic chassis that if I've got it right will fit the MB/MC's and possibly the DC2 and EG platforms. I need one to move my car around when it goes to the body shop and don't trust just strapping it to a frame on wheels so I've designed a frame that will bolt to the suspension points front and rear and will allow the chassis to be moved with ease. I've put my initial sketches below, and will draw up the design over the weekend on CAD. Once I've built mine if anyone want the plans or even buy/rent mine then it is here for the club :D

I've got all the steel and wheels on order so will start the frame next week and once my car comes back I will finish it on the car to make sure it's adjustable in the right ways! [smash.gif]

Note: this is not going to be designed to take the full load of a complete car at this stage!!! It is meant to move a chassis around. With stronger casters then is could be used to move a complete car around but the cost will go up.

IMG_20130315_094637.jpg

IMG_20130315_094615.jpg

your chassis will not be a rolling chassis that you need to move?

My chassis will be stripped of every nut, bolt, wire, clip, pipe and piece of glass. I need the interior, engine bay and underside painted so might as well do everything. The frame will have wheels and bolt up to the suspension mounts front and back so I can still work under the car and roll it around to move it.

Got all the steelwork and casters this week, just had no time to finish the drawings :x

Finally found time to rough out the stand on CAD. Got all the steel and wheels now so just need the car to make a few measurements and the welding can begin [smash.gif]

assem1.jpg

This will pick up on the front at the lower wishbone rear pivot and on the rear at the LCA inner mount.

The upstands and trolley length are adjustable so this should fit the EG,DC,MB and MC chassis if I've got it right :?

8-) but we just used dollies to move cars about in the shop :)

Exactly, and as mine is going to take a while to complete I need to move the chassis around my garage and to and from the body shop :D