cutting out

mark11

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuel pump has its own relay I'm sure. Main relay is ignition. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should download the service manual from downloads section everthing you need to know is in there.

still randomly cutting out shouts dizzy to me.

what's the milage on car? If over 100k or been thrashed dizzy bound to go sometime round that mark they all do eventually

• 1 month later...

Me again, thanks for all your help and i really appreciate your comments.

I know some of you have said it might be the relay and some have said it might be the ignitor.

some also to me to resolder the blobs on the relay which i have done.

Yesterday it cut out on me 4 times, this is first time its done this since my last post (29th April)

Ive been researching on google and some saying that the relay controls the pump and the injectors, sometimes it fires pump up but doesn't fire injectors which causes them to stop. Someone also said the relay should click 3 times, pump, power then injectors (don't know if right).

Plus they said you should notice it more in hot weather (which i do)

Also read that if its dizzy should come up with code 15. Can these be plugged in and does anyone know what sort of plug it is and where it is.

Also still have no engine management lights coming on. cheers

I personally still think its your relay as thats exactly what mine was doing. I'm not saying its not the other issues which have been stated but i had exact same problems as you and i had my fuel pump relay soldered about a year ago or so now and its never cut out on me since. Mine also had a burnt smell and some of the solders looked cracked and just crappy in general. Hope you get to the bottom of this mate.

Got a relay from scrapyard for a fiver, all seems fine so far. dont know if its coincidence but it seems to be running better, maybe the other one was cutting out on me

• 3 months later...

thought i got away with this with replacing the relay. but last night it cut out on me and i had to get towed home.  It could out it wouldnt start

ive checked and ive got no spark at all - assuming its ignitor, anyone know where i can get a new one cheap and what name to get

cheers